John Grossbohlin

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Jay Pique" wrote in news:1127785521.837111.161650
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The stock insert that comes with the Jet CS (CTS?) is metal and has a
wide opening capable of handling a dado stack. Today I took it out to
make some zero clearance inserts out of 1/2" finnply. A couple of
comments and questions.

You can fuss with this all you want, but it won't want to stay fixed.
Sawdust tends to get blown up underneath, and the throat plate will wedge
itself where it wants to go. Pull up the plate, and blow or brush out the
buildup periodicly.

Your stock plate is capable of handling a dado stack? Strange. Delta
sends a 'blank' plate, in addition to the stock one. Or at least they did
with my saw. I use the 1/2" Finnply shop built ones for dados, too.

The stock plate on my old Jet CS was wide but it was NOT for a dado
stack--they sell one specifically for the dado sets. Same deal with my Jet
Cabinet saw.

John