Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:13:38 +0100, Mogweed wrote:

The standing voltage on the line is 48v so no, you won't get a shock
off it.

You might feel it depending on how sensitive an individual is and the
local conditions. I remember getting *very* annoyed at the belts I
kept getting off a BT block putting the nominally dead controls and 4
wires on for an OB somewhere. Mind you it was peeing down, I was
soaked from head to foot and the rain was dripping off my hands... It
wasn't until I got to the last on the list that I realised what was
happening, the last one was the DEL with 48v DC on it. Doh!

However, if someone happens to ring you while you're hold of the
wires, you'll get a belt then. Can't remember if ringing voltage is
88 or 110 but either way you'll know about it )

It'll certainly make you jump but like the 48v DC is from a fairly
high impedance source so isn't likely to be particulary harmful to a
normal healthy adult. What ever, don't strip the wires with your
teeth. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail