Andy

Default Tieing-in block wall to brick piers

Hello,

I need to build a block wall about 4 feet high as a boundary wall between my
house and my neighbours'.
The present fence is on the verge of collapse and he doesn't like wood so...

My problem is that I am worried about how I tie 4" medium density blocks
into brickwork, worse, preexisting brickwork. How do you tie a block wall
into a two-brick
pier? I see these galvanised mesh ties exist but surely they're only good
for new work. Is it practical to rake out old mortar and shove one end of a
mesh tie into prexisting
brickwork?

I'm thinking there may be something I can screw into the existing pier, then
cement into the block work, but the only things I've seen look like cavity
wall ties.

Any ideas?

Andy.