Dave Hinz

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:11:46 -0700, David wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

As with so many other things, it's the person, not the tool, that
determines good or bad.

If it's "not the tool", how come we aren't allowed to carry loaded
firearms in public?

In most civilized states, that specific thing _is_ allowed, and it has
reduced violent crime in every one of them.

See what happens if you have a loaded gun in
sight when stopped by a police officer...

Depends on if you're in an open-carry state, I guess? (shrug)

ever tried to enjoy a quiet dinner
with the wife in an otherwise cozy restaurant, only to have the mood
broken by some loud mouthed bozo yakking away on his phone in the next
booth?

There's another example. That guy is a rude loudmouth, regardless of
the fact that he's on a cellphone. The phone didn't turn him _into_ a
rude loudmouth.