David

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:55:37 -0700, David wrote:

While no law will achieve 100% compliance, a no-phone-while-driving law
would certainly curtail much of the gabbing, just like mandatory seat
belt and helmet laws have increased the usage of both. I realize that
phones are more difficult for law enforcement officials to spot, as
compared to seat belts and helmets so I suppose there will be plenty of
scofflaws.

I'm guessing that you only notice the cellphone users who are driving
badly; the ones who aren't, you don't see, because they're _not_. So,
maybe it's a case of "bad drivers are bad drivers" rather than "a
cellphone makes a good driver become a bad driver".

As with so many other things, it's the person, not the tool, that
determines good or bad.

Actually, I see drivers on cell phones while I'm sitting at an
intersection. they aren't all driving badly, but nearly every young
female driver is on a phone. I'm in CA. maybe it's not as bad
elsewhere in the country??

Dave