B a r r y

Upscale wrote:

Maybe so, but I have to believe that cellphones are an undesirable
distraction to anyone while driving.

What I find interesting is the range of ability to divide attention.

On one hand, there are the people who can be in the here and now first,
while talking on the phone second. On the other, are the folks who
simply cannot do ANYTHING ELSE while they talk.

The type and content of the conversation itself can move most people up
or down the scale. Having enough self awareness to know when we've
gotten into the latter category is key.

If more folks could recognize, and/or accept where they fall on the
scale, I'll bet we wouldn't need more laws.

People who lean towards the scary category can get in trouble simply
conversing with a passenger or listening to talk radio. They don't even
need a phone.