Upscale

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

I'm guessing that you only notice the cellphone users who are driving
badly; the ones who aren't, you don't see, because they're _not_. So,
maybe it's a case of "bad drivers are bad drivers" rather than "a
cellphone makes a good driver become a bad driver".

Maybe so, but I have to believe that cellphones are an undesirable
distraction to anyone while driving. I remember once when I was standing in
line in the little corner grocery store in my building. Some guy came in
while talking to his girlfriend on his cellphone. By the way he looked
around, I knew right away that he was looking for the cash machine. I
watched him walk around the store looking for it while still talking on the
phone. He passed by it three times before I pointed it out to him. If he'd
have been driving a car at the time, I'd have run for cover.