Dave August

Grant,

Hell years ago (were talking early 60's) as a kid, we'd just use a 'church
key' on the bottom to make one *small* hole to let out the pressure then
open it up all the way to dump out the paint. Then 'cuz we were kids we'd
make a few more to get a hole big enough to get the *marble* out... I got a
few really nice "Cat's eyes" that way.. LOL.

Quite honestly I just did the very same thing about a week ago to a can of
Kyrlon that I wanted the last drops from to brush on the drivers on my
Locomotive.

Just hold the dam can in yer hand and point the bottom AWAY from ya...

Dave

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Is there any safe way to open a still-pressurized can of spray paint with
a completely plugged nozzle, to get the paint out so I can brush it on?

How about if I made a tool e.g. drilled a small hole in a Popsicle stick
or tongue depressor, turned the can upside down, removed the nozzle, and
depressed the valve stem with the hole aligned? Maybe the air would all
come out and leave the paint inside, then I could cut it open any way I
wanted reasonably safely.

Ideas? Experience?

GWE