Franklin Newton

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Is there any safe way to open a still-pressurized can of spray paint with

completely plugged nozzle, to get the paint out so I can brush it on?

How about if I made a tool e.g. drilled a small hole in a Popsicle stick

or
tongue depressor, turned the can upside down, removed the nozzle, and

depressed
the valve stem with the hole aligned? Maybe the air would all come out and

leave
the paint inside, then I could cut it open any way I wanted reasonably

safely.

Ideas? Experience?

GWE

The easist way to open the can is an automatic center punch, however the
paint then comes out of the hole much to rapidly to contain in a shallow
vessel!