Tim Killian

AFAIK, back plates are available in either metric or English threads.
The metric ones are probably easier to find.

Bill Janssen wrote:

My Jet 9X20 has a 1 1/2 x 8 thread for the chuck. Don't know if you think
that is important. Other 9X20 have a Metric thread.

Bill K7NOM

Cliff wrote:

On 25 Sep 2005 22:49:48 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

szaki wrote in news:UtSdnZl8Z84fiqreRVn-
:

My company is looking for a small lathe for occasional turning of
small parts. I found this JET bench lathe for $1100-$1200, but I'm
not sure how good is the quality. I don't want to recomand
something that turns into crap later!

Don't worry. It won't turn into crap, it starts out that way from
the factory.

A little more info on what you're doing would be helpful. Material?
Diameter x lengths? Bar, forging, casting or headed parts? What kind
of tolerances? Quantities? Is it just turning? Or is there a lot of
I.D. work to be done?

You get what you pay for, there's no escaping that reality.

Crossposted to rec.crafts.metalworking

HTH