Kirk Gordon

Cliff wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:25:35 -0400, Kirk Gordon
wrote:

Since about 8,000 BC, the world's oceans have gotten warmer by about
35 degrees Fahrenheit.

I rather doubt it.

Look it up, Cliff. 10,000 years ago was the beginning of the end of
the current ice age. Glaciation as far south as the Ohio River valley,
and substantial non-contiguous ice fields far south of that. Oceans in
total MUCH smaller than now, because of all the water containted in
glaciers. And average ocean temps 30 to 40 degrees F lower than at present.

Geologists and other "Earth science" types are often pretty good at
what they do, especially when they're working with something so
(relatively) recent. Where you live, what's under your feet is mostly
sand, put there when glaciers scraped out the basin of Lake Michigan.

My earlier statement wasn't politicallly motivated. I was just
making an observation that seems to be very well grounded in serious
science, and in mountains of (literally) rock-solid evidence.

KG