Mike Berger

Default Telescopic Downdraft Ventilation - Do you regret having one?

I suspect it's the latter. You're trying to exhaust hot greasy
particles that tend to rise naturally, so you need a pretty
powerful downdraft system to catch it. A strong downdraft will
affect the gas flames on the range burners. The Jenn-Aire downdraft
on my stove has a 1.5 HP motor, and it does a great job removing
the combustion gases, but you still need a rangehood to get rid of
all the floating grease particles.

wrote:

I've also seen a lot of negative comments regarding downdraft systems,
is this because the product was bad or is there no way to haev a good
downdraft system?