Martin Carroll

Default joining into soil stack

I am going to be putting a toilet under the stairs of the house I am
renovating and am puzzling a little over the connection into the drains.

I probably need to discuss the options with the BCO but was wondering if
it is possible to join it into the existing soil stack!

The house is a Victorian terrace and the current situation is that the
main sewer pipe runs along the back of the houses (ours is third in line
of 6) and the only current connection into the drain (as viewed from the
inspection chamber) is the main soil stack. I haven't excavated around
the bottom of the stack yet but there are also an old (outside) WC
connection which branches straight into the sewer pipe outside of the IC
and a rainwater gulley which does the same on the other end of the IC.

there is a diagram and photo at http://www.engelside.co.uk/toilet.htm

The original toilet is going and the wall between the kitchen and
conservatory is too.

I don't particularly want to start making major changes, building new
IC's if it at all possible so I was hoping that I could run a connection
from under the stairs to the bottom of the soil stack.

Any views?

Cheers

Martin
--