carl mciver

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
| Is there any way to repair those membrane keyboard switches with the
| carbon-like button that makes contact on a PCB? Sometimes cleaning them
| works but not always and now I'm in danger of getting MY remote
commandeered
| due to a faulty remote in somebody else's possession. It seems that there
| is a deposit on the PCB that is also affected and the button seems to be
| non-conductive anymore.

There are special eraser looking things for cleaning contacts and
copper, but for most uses, a plain old red eraser will do the job. I doubt
your switch contacts are copper anyway, most likely carbon deposits that are
crudding over.
That's my first trick, and when electronics repair was my job, that
unsharpened pencil with the worn eraser wasn't for writing!