Richard Conway

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" in a haze of senile flatulence
wrote in message ...

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

If your mains is good flow and pressure, I wouldn't fit a gravity

fed

system. It may be cheaper, but it is incapable of running a shower
without a noisy pump.

That depends entirely on the 'head' from the header tank.

Exactly. Do you think they will give him planning permission to install

100 foot water tower in the garden?

You can get a delightful high flow rate shower with the head that nearly
any house can provide for a gravity fed system.

And have a water bill through the roof, wasting a valuable resource. Duh!
Stick to the 100 foot tower. Best of luck.

I built the 100 foot water tower and plumbed it to my HWC with 28mm pipe
with no bends. The flow still wasn't strong enough. I think I'll have
to forget the gravity idea and install two combis instead.