Default Preventing halogen lights overheating under Rockwool

David wrote:

wrote in message ...
wrote:
In article ,
writes
fire proofing???

I meant that the hole in the ceiling, unless dealt with somehow,
reduces the fire barrier created by a plasterboard ceiling.

So the open tube/chimney idea makes this worse as it gives a path for
the flames as opposed to the sealed pot

Yes, absolutely. We're mostly in agreement you know! :-)

I'm just questioning whether/what the flowerpot does for you as
opposed to nothing.

But Chris

putting a pot over it and preventing insulation coming into direct contact
will obviously keep it much cooler than if the insualtion was in direct
contact with the lamp. That is the primary goal in doing it.

Now that I disagree with, I don't believe the flowerpot will keep the
lamp cooler. How does it do that? With a flowerpot over the lamp
there will be *less* air circulation than without, how is that going
to keep the lamp cooler?

The flowerpot may make things tidier and/or more fireproof but I really
don't believe it will keep the lamp cooler.

--
Chris Green