Cliff

On 25 Sep 2005 02:07:19 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

"shu" wrote in news:48bf0$4335e6c2$18d6c3f0$1522
:

here check this out

http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVF...ouse_data.html

Heh. I've pointed that out to him before.

But some are still confused G.

I also had to show him that most
ozone depleters are greenhouse gasses, and far stronger than CO2.
Fortunately CO2 is a very weak greenhouse gas

Too bad that we release so many millions of tons of it compared to
the few pounds of all the rest.

See how it works yet?

and much of it is re-absorbed
by the ocean and stored away in plants.

"Much" is by no means all ... that's why it's concentration
is going up & what the problems is. Part of it, anyway.

In addition, many of the forests are no more. Even if they were
their storage capacity is quite finite. The wood, when burned,
rotted or eaten, releases even more CO2.

Gasses dissolve in water. As the water warms up they become
less soluable and the water my release them .... and all of that
Methane as well (see "other greenhouse gasses" above).

It's also not how much CO2 is emitted into the atmosphere that matters.

Gee, where does it go?

It
makes for some impressive sounding numbers the scare mongers use "Chicken
Little" style.

The resulting reduction in free Oxygen may make a few slower too.

The only CO2 that has any effect is what gets trapped in the
upper atmosphere.

How much does it matter -- the altitude?
More a matter of depth I think .......

Do you have this confused with the Ozone layer?

If the CO2 in the upper atmosphere were doubled it would
raise temps by 1 degree.

Who sez?
And how much has it risen already? What are the projected rises?

And that would be over a long time.

250 million year cycles again?

CO2's weak
effects are not immediate.

Out of sight, out of mind? Let the grandkids curse
your name?

We have clear effects NOW. And it can become rapidly worse.
--
Cliff