Sam the Cat

The ability to repeat cuts using the insertable templates really!
Especially the Incra with it's 1/1000th adjustments seems too good to
be true.

I have the older, twin linear design. When you look at the mechanics of
the jig riding at right angles to the fence which is held there by some
nylon screws there always seems to be some amount of play -- I am able to
make dovetails with the system but I am uncomfortable with anything over 5-6
inches in width. The wood is held vertically and clamped to the
perpendicular jig (cannot recall the name right now) -- the larger the
piece, the more precarious it gets. On the other hand I love the fence -- I
would not trade it for the world as a router fence

I am about to use the D4 that I have had sitting in the box for a month or
so -- seems to me the mechanics are a bit better in how the wood is secured