Jim Sehr

If you have a good chuck and soft jaws you could bore
it size and try that. Or you could try to bore a soft 5c collet. If you try
that bore it about .001 undersize don't go oversize or it will not be true.
Jim
"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote
in message nk.net...
I'm needing a one inch lathe test bar. Finding ground and polished one
inch material is a piece of cake. The bar needs centers on each end. If I
just chuck the bar in a one inch collet and bore, I'll pass on the 0.0005
inch runnout of my collet to the test bar.

How would you do this? Or do I just buy the test bar?

Karl