CAMCOMPCO

Default Boring a super smooth surface

Hi all,

Is there a way I can get a mirror like finish on a turned piece of
metal? I know I can use 1000 grit and finer on a piece as it is
chucked and turning in a lather, but how about the bored hole? How
would I get a, say, 1/4" or 3/8" internal surface glass smooth? I am
thinking of some sort of expanding reamer that I could put a 1000 grit
wet/dry sheet around and insert it in the hole as it is turning...seems
like I would just bunch up the paper though ;-)

Anyone ever have to get something "barring" smooth internally....what
did ya use?

Thanks again gang....as always, any help is greatly appreciated

John