Michael Kennedy

It is funny you mention having to shut down a store becuase of server crash.
I used to work at this store and that is exactly what happened regularly
becuase trying to run too much software on sh** equipment. They decided to
start having customer "reward" cards and thats where the problems began.

If you worked too fast you would get the dreaded system buisy on the ibm
cash registers. If you hit any key on the keyboard it just make it stay
locked up longer. Some times it would require you to reboot and reload the
software on the register before it would start working again. That would
kill 2 registers becuase they were tied togeather in a master / slave setup
and it slowed everything else down also because the server would be buisy
sending the software to the crashed register.

Oh I don't miss the problems of Winn-Dixie's cash registers. Too many
headaches, and it was company wide problem.

-Mike