Bob in Phx

The cables are most likely type/cat 1. With a token ring type A connector.
They are very obsolete.
Here is a web page with the various types of type 1 cable ends.
http://www.pacificcable.com/TokenRing.htm
Note that type/cat 1 is shielded twisted pair and in fact is much better
then Cat 5 cable as it is shielded. If memory serves correctly, the max
length is 1500 feet for token ring, on this type cable.

bob in phx

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
I have a few IBM network cables with square connectors on the end. I
believe it is some form of token ring but I have no idea what the connector
is called. Is there any demand for these cables? I got it from a closing
grocery store.