Guess who

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 15:43:41 GMT, ScRaPLeR
wrote:

Ok guys I have a question for all you pro's out there, to wit , how
do I get the most out of my lumber without jointing and planeing away
so much on boards that are warped, cupped and twisted. Before you
answer let me briefly explain the present method to my madness.

I wa given I can't say [or I'll be hanged here for sure] how many
board feet of oak and cherry. most wasn't bad at all, but some was as
you suggest. There is usully no way to get 90% out of that unless I
first cross-cut it into tiny pieces. However, I did salvage some with
the techniques you mention. There is a tehnique mentioned in this
group for glue-tacking a twisted board to a flat bit of solid MDF and
running that through the planer. I count my losses, and with the
original gift come out way on top. The rest will keep the fire going
in the coming winter.