Leif Thorvaldson

"George" George@least wrote in message

"Tom Nie" wrote in message
As in literally a B52?

A Bald Eagle that close and I'd be polluting the river.

Yep, genuine Buff. Holbrook bombplot was close by, and sometimes the
center would clear you for a canyon tour if the choppers and bug smashers
weren't flying. They wouldn't allow VFR (1200) traffic in the canyon, so
they had a pretty good handle on things.

The eagles appear as a feathered overcast versus aluminum, but they too
can be unnerving.

======I had the privilege of accompanying a Buff crew on a 10 hour mission
consisting of high altitude and low altitude bomb runs. Most during
darkness, what a ride! Covering SD, MT, ID, and a few other states not yet
discovered. Most disconcerting was when we found out that we were sharing
the same flight level as another buff doing its thing. Always had a special
respect for the Buff crews after that mission.

Leif