charlie b

Well the great answers to my "dumb question"
have filled my Learn Something New Everyday
quota for today and then some

- searchable google group archive
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.crafts.woodturning

- this group is more forgiving of newbies
so I didn't get yelled at for asking a question
that's been asked many times before. Over
in rec.woodworking, that often is not the
case. DAGS! (Do A Google Search) is often
a response to a newbie question like this.
Thanks folks.

- didn't realize using the unbacked/unsupported
belt could put a convex bevel on my edge.
THAT is definitely a No No on bench chisels
and plane irons Makes sense for most turning
tools as well - having to go closer to square
on to the axis of rotation seems like a catch
waiting to happen.

- need to get out Robin Lee's book on sharpening
and spend some time in the Turning Tools
chapter.

BTW - if you have a bunch of sharpening stuff
stashed throughout the shop, a sharpening
station cabinet might be worth building next.
(all one line so watch the line wrap)

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/...ngCenter1.html

Here it is - shellaced - lots and lots of shellac.
Did I mention that I like shellac?

Thanks for the enlightening responses

chariie b
ast.net/~charliebcz/SharpeningCenter/SharpeningCenter10.html