Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:59:12 +0000 (UTC), Steve wrote:

I've a 1960s bungalow. When repairing some soffits/fascias I found
the front-wall cavity has been stuffed with straw (the top of the
cavity is open). The only other cavity I can easily check (on a
side wall) seems empty.

Birds? They'll bring in huge quantities of straw and the like to build
a platform for a nest. Thr front gable above the bay of my parents
1930's semi was stuffed with straw that the blackbirds and starlings
had brought in over the years. This isn't a small space either...

Getting it out before the proper cavity wall insulation is installed
is a good idea.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail