spudnuty

Ken,
Yah I've got a C-3000, 3030 and 4000 all with bad lenses. (they're
prone to damage, plastic barrels one with that crack). All given to me
by clients as too costly to repair. My current main camera is a C-3000
that I got on eBay to use the lens to fix the first 3000. It gave a
"card error" but it turned out to have a fudge like substance on the
contacts of the card reader. Easy fix.
I find Nikons, Fujis, Sonys Toshibas and Olympus' easiest to work on in
that order. Canons more of a pain and Kodaks even more bad board in a
lot of those. Yes that flash cap is very dangerous. Here's a site on
discharging it:
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30663/article.html
I use a 10W resistor I had laying around.
This has become a hobby of mine, fixing broken digtals up and donating
them to schools, hospitals, homeless shelters etc.
Richard