Mark

Ian Stirling wrote:
Bob Mannix wrote:
Obviously 1 & 3 are there by default. As to #2... mine *used* to have a
system where you switched the light off then on for 2 seconds , off, then
back on again (IIRC). It would then stay on. I haven't actually checked its
replacement, but I suspect they stopped providing this facility.

It depends on the model.

I'm guessing that Part L regs may have interfered a bit.

My understanding of Part L is that it is illegal to install an
incadescent light outside which will not automatically shut off.

This could potentially mean that newer models lack this 'on' feature,
and you'll have to hook up an override switch yourself (easy enough -
you need to run 4 core cable to the light, and provide a seperate
switched live feed to the lamp).