jbclem

The reason I'm asking here is that I've read that Canon charges so much for repair that
it's not worth it. I also heard that because of that situation there were some internet
groups that discussed do it yourself repairs...I'm trying to find those groups if I
can't find someone who does repair work at a reasonable price.

jc

"JR North" wrote in message
I have one-great camera. The fault, according to Cannon, is faulty wiper
contacts in the lens drive. Others speculate it's a firmware problem.
Mine has not done this, but some others have. I think repair involves
sending the camera to a Cannon service center for repair.
JR

jbclem wrote:
I'm getting a Canon Powershot G2 that needs some repair (lens won't extend when

turned
on). Does anyone here have that kind of repair information (digital cameras), or

can
direct me to it.

Thanks, jc