jakdedert

Nostrobino wrote:
"GregS" wrote in message

In article .com,
" wrote:

What is the proper way to charge these cells. I have a number of AA's
that are all weak. I have tried charging them at a constant rate of
about .050A overnight and they seem to come up and they will work but
don't last very long. Can these be charged manually as you would Nicads
or is there a special trick to this? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.

I kinda wish someone would write up the best ideas that work about various
batterys and charging methods, and methods to test each
for quality. In working with NIMH, I have yet to gather enough
information to really evaluate them properly.
I have some that seem to shut down prematurly powering a digital camera.
I think its just one cell acting up or something like that sometimes. I
always wanted to build
a charger, like one charging position for each cell. I never liked
charging them
in series or parallel. Each one should be individually handled.

I agree. When a set of four is brand new they usually all charge in the same
time, but as they age it seems that one or two cells in the set will become
different from the others and will take much longer to charge. When that
happens I don't see how two different cells can be charged properly if
they're on the same circuit. That's why I like the Maha C401FS chargers that
have individual circuits for each cell. I also have a couple of the older
Maha C204Fs which reviewers all raved about, but because they charge cells
in pairs I now use them only occasionally for the conditioning feature.

N.

Yeah, I've got several devices which take *three* AA's...makes it kind
of difficult to charge them, when my charger only does two at a time....

jak