Harry Pye

I really dont
care if other people like the work I do as long as I like it as I am not
doing it for them, I am doing it for me.

I think this is a large part of the answer. It works for both the 'true'
artist and for the hobbyist. Both make what they want to make. The
artist may be more of a pioneer and the hobbyist a follower or copier.
The full time turner probably doesn't have time to experiment with the
more esoteric design variations. He needs production because the more he
turns out, the more he earns.

I'd like you to like my work but if you don't, and it satisfies me, that
is OK too.

Harry