Christopher Tidy

Ignoramus19652 wrote:
how about: buy 3 adjustable room heaters from your local store (or
borrow from friends), put one heater on each leg, and vary heat
setting to simulate varying loads.

I thought about using a heater as Xpelair heaters with three phase
wiring are quite common here. But I'm doubtful as they're primarily a
resistive load and won't behave in quite the same way as a motor.

Return after use.

I think that's slightly too cheeky even for me. I did it one time I
urgently needed a landline telephone (I had ordered one but it was
taking ages to arrive) and another time I needed a camera flash
extension lead for one evening, but I'd be reluctant to do it with a
heater. Mind you, some guys I know did it with a big TV during the 2002
World Cup.

Chris