NC

Default removing skirting 'neatly' !

Phil,
Thanks for that link - quite an ingenius approach ! Hopefully i wont have
the problem of a gap at the bottom of the plaster - but I will be sure to
bookmark the link incase !

"Phil Addison" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:40:28 +0100, "NC" wrote:

All,
I am about to lay laminate and will remove all the skirting to replace

with
decent stuff. The current skirting is held in place with screws, covered

up
by round plugs cut from scrap, and hammered into place to hide the
holes/screw heads. I could use a wrecking bar to lever the old skirting

off,
but I would much rather take out the old plugs and unscrew neatly -
preserving the old holes for the new skirting. Is there a simple way of
doing this ?? Is there a tool that will do the job ??

When you replace the skirting boards you will have the complementary
problem of how to re-fix them neatly!

The best way I have come across was posted by Jonathan Marsters
) back in 1996. See
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...0nmp.nokia.com

I have recently re-fixed some skirting based on this idea. To get the
skirting in a straight run, as well as vertical, I put in a row of
support screws as per Jonathan's idea, then ran a piece of string across
the heads from left to right. I then adjusted the heads in and out to
get them all lined up.

In my case there was no plaster to support the top edge of the board
(don't ask!) so I used a pair of support screws at each location to
support and align both the top and bottom edges, and the fixed the board
with a third screw between these two.

--
Phil Addison
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/