Leuf

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 03:07:15 GMT, "
wrote:

What can I do? I have many cu. ft. / pounds of cutoffs trimmings etc. that
are small, thin, and probably totally useless. I can't bring myself to
throw them away. They're overtaking my garage and useful wood. HELP HELP
HELP ME STOP NOW!!!!

I do a lot of small stuff so I do keep a lot of small cutoffs and it
makes sense for me to do so, up to a point. If you don't do small
stuff either find someone who does locally, toss em, or ebay. Take a
look at these couple auctions and it's amazing how high the bids will
go sometimes. At the very least it'll be gone and you won't have
thrown it away even if you didn't really get much for it.

(watch for line wrap)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Exotic-Hardwood-...cmdZViewIt em

http://cgi.ebay.com/Exotic-Hardwood-...cmdZViewIte m

What I found was the key for me was how I store them. I built a
section of my bench specifically for storing this stuff with shallow
trays.

http://woodworking.dnsalias.com/imag...ch/bench08.jpg

Having a lot of trays means I can sort them and being shallow I can
actually find what I'm looking for. If they're just sitting in a big
box or a pile you are never ever going to bother looking for what you
need on those occasions, it'll be faster to just cut what you need off
a bigger piece.

-Leuf