Mike Mitchell

Default Trade emulsion

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:04:25 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:31:41 +0100, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

As for all the "posh" paints, like Farrow & Ball or National Trust,
well, to my mind people just have more money than sense! It's only
paint, for heck's sake!

F&B paints are of much better quality than Dulux IME, although the
main issue is the colour selection. Even with the Dulux mix and
match or whatever they call it, I often have difficulty finding the
one I want. Usually F&B does have something suitable, and I much
prefer using it as well as the texture of the result.

The secret is in the preparation, anyway. That's where the effort
goes, or should.

That's always true.

Get a good surface to start with and you can get
excellent results with Woolworths own brand!

That is stretching it.....

I'll bet any proficient painter will get a better finish using poor
paint on a good surface than the other way round.

MM