Phil Munro

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

John Keiser wrote:

Yes, I see that replacements ballasts are way more expensive than the
whole fixture. If the DH fixture is a POS, how can I have any
confidence that the more expensive ballast is really anything better?
Aren;t they all made in Mexico? Is there a brand name I should look for?

I've got no favorite brands in mind, but I bet you'll find that the
replacement ballasts are a bit bulkier and heavier than what's in your
fixture now.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy one and try it. It's not that big a deal to
swap it in, and at worst, you could return it where you bought it.

One last thought. If you haven't already tried a different pair of
bulbs, do so. I'm not hopeful, but you never know with things like "hard
starting" flourecents, and it's easy to try.

Jeff

With the power on and the bulb not lighting, try the following:
1) Lightly touch the bulb and see it it comes on.
2) Twist the bulb, while also making sure its connections are seated
in the pin sockets properly.
3) Remove the bulbs and wipe them down to remove any residue on the
glass.
4) Be sure you have the right bulbs for the fixture's ballast.

Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555