No

Don't forget your refrigerator, DSL or Cable router, etc. No recomendations
except to maybe run the unit dry and have fresh gas on hand to fill if you
expect you may need it. Each manufacturer will have recomendations for how
to store it. Don't buy Craftsman.

Here are some brands that I remember seeing used sucessfully in LA and MS
last week.

Porter Cable
Dewalt
Coleman
Devilbis
Generac
Honda
Winco

The Winco I saw was a tri fuel - I don't know much about it except it can
run on LP, natural or regular gasoline!! That is pretty cool if you ask me.

"Paul Oman" wrote in message
.net...

Hello

seeking recommendations for what brand and size generator to get.

Would be used for a running a light or two, maybe a PC, TV etc if power
goes out, as well as misc workshop tools when working in the yard.

Seems like if not used a lot, when needed it would not start (Murphy's
law) I suppose adding gasoline stabilizer to the fuel and starting it
every month or two is critical. Still, some engine brands seem to start
more easily than others, handle old gas better than others, etc.

I hesitate to just go and buy whatever home depot or sears has for sale
without some 'user feedback"

thanks

paul oman