Mary Fisher

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message

I've wondered about building one on the back of our house but not for
warmth - it faces due north. I'm happy for it to be cold in the winter but
wonder if it would still get too hot in the summer.

Ours is on the north side of the house and gets very hot in mid summer,
when the sun is high enough to get over the house and shine into it. A 2kw
electric convector heater from Argos heats it fine in the winter if we
want to eat out there or anything (takes about 10mins to heat up to usable
temp).
--
Tim Mitchell

Thanks, Tim, the sun wouldn't be able to reach every part of ours, if it
could I'd have a greenhouse lean-to there! It's an interesting thought
though.

Mary