John Schmitt

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:07:47 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Also the latter half of that para seems to contradict the first bit:
"For the UK it is best to assume that this is the case. Rainwater is
effectively distilled water and contains only insignificant amounts of
sulphate."

I see I'll have to explain about how rainwater dissolves sulphates out of
the soil when it becomes groundwater. Reading through them myself I see a
whole load of bits that _still_ need work. London clay, if you go deep
enough (10m) contains the odd gypsum (calcium sulphate dihydrate) crystal.

John Schmitt