Richard Conway

Christian McArdle wrote:
Found that the hot water cylinder was leaking earlier this week and am
planning to replace tomorrow. I need an indirect combination hot/cold
one with ideally a 150/40 litre split. I was going to order off BES for
£196 but although they offer Saturday delivery they don't guarantee it
will arrive (my fault for not ordering earlier in the week!)

If your mains is good flow and pressure, I wouldn't fit a gravity fed
system. It may be cheaper, but it is incapable of running a shower without a
noisy pump. It also solves the loft mounting problem, as there is no heavy
cold cistern required.

Christian.

I knew this would happen

I would very much like to have mains hot water but we are hoping to move
in the next 2-3 years and can't really justify the expense. We were
first time buyers and had to buy a house we didn't really want just to
get on the ladder, so any money we spend on it needs to be either
maintenance or things that will increase the value for when we sell.

Saying that, we are relatively happy with the shower as it is - even
with no pump.