ben

ben wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Which cheap circular saw? Going to need it about 6 times over next 2
weeks, then probably twice a year max after that.

W/C 22nd Sept, Aldi are doing a Power Craft circular saw with laser
guide for £24.99
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_381.html

Or there's this "re-engineered" one from Langwells for £15.99:
http://www.langwells.co.uk/products/detail.asp?id=37011

The cheapest "proper" one I can find is £22.33+P&P from Hunter Tools

http://www.huntertools.co.uk/index.p...&currency=GBP&
products_id=2226

Or a cordless one for £19.97 from Maplin

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...45734&T=368 8
9

The Aldi one has a 3 year guarantee, which is what caught my
attention.
I mean, the amusingly named B&Q "Performance" saw is £19.97 with one
year warranty, and in my experience, performance stuff seems to last
until they come across anything tougher than damp kitchen paper.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produc...?PRODID=200264

So, anything against the Aldi one?

I bought the Lidl one for £19.99 last year and has proved its value
for money because its still doing its job.
A bit heavy and large like but it came with a fine&course blades
plus a spare set of carbon brushes.
As for Aldi I won't touch their power tools after the SDS drill they
was selling a month or two ago.

Many of the Lidl and Aldi power tools are identical with the exception
of badging and most likely from the same place anyway. I'd say you
can't judge all power tools on the experience of one sds drill
purchase.

Wrong!

The circular saw was an "Einhell", from Lidl Baveria region
http://www.einhell.de/englisch/englisch.aspx?file=car

Aldi saw was a "Craft"
Cant find who makes this crap.