ben

Jonathan wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Jonathan wrote:

W/C 22nd Sept, Aldi are doing a Power Craft circular saw with laser
guide for £24.99
http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_381.html

I'm going to get one. It comes with two blades, which is useful. For
another £8 you can but two more TCT blades. It's more powerful than
the others, and has a slightly better depth of cut. I shouldn't think
the "laser guide" is worth having, but you never know.

Thought I'd take a look, seems very sturdy. With a 3 year guarantee
I'm not entirely sure how you could go that much wrong for the price.
It's quite heavy, very noisy, but seems solidly built. Showed it to
my dad (a "proper" tradesperson who always buys "proper" tools), who
couldn't believe it was seemingly made in Austria and not China! He
gave it a run, said "£25 quid you say?!", then kept saying "how the
hell?!?", which I took as an endorsement!

"ben" wrote in message
.uk...
Jonathan wrote:

So, anything against the Aldi one?

I won't touch their power tools after the SDS drill they was
selling a month or two ago.

So based on 1 tool you won't go back? I bought a Medion PC from them;
it's very good. But I gather the current model is rubbish.
Next one might be fine. It's like me finding a sour grape in a bunch
from Asda, and vowing never to buy fruit or veg from them again!

Erm! a "Medion Computer", is not a power tool there is no comparison. Aldis
Craft tools are atrocious.
Went into Local Aldi yesterday to purchase two locks and the 99p paint
brush set, there sitting behind one of the tills was 3 circular saws
(returned) hows that for an item that has only been on sale since
15/09/2005.