Ken Weitzel

What is the proper way to charge these cells. I have a number of AA's
that are all weak. I have tried charging them at a constant rate of
about .050A overnight and they seem to come up and they will work but
don't last very long. Can these be charged manually as you would Nicads
or is there a special trick to this? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.

Hi Lenny...

Respectfully suggest that that's because you aren't charging them,
you're just teasing them a little

Unless 50 mills is a mis-type, that is.

If you really have to charge them manually, then read the capacity
(current "normal" is 2500 mah) and charge them 10 percent (250 mils
in this case) for 14 hours.

Or better, buy yourself a nimh charger. If the budget is a concern,
then Walmart has an Eveready "dumb" charger that comes with two
AA's, all for only a little under 10 dollars (cdn).

If the budget isn't of concern, then there are "smart" chargers
available that will on an individual cell basis pre-determine the
state of charge, charge them to 100% quickly, and then leave them on
trickle (about your 50 mil rate) until you remove them.

Take care.

Ken