Tony

"David Starr" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:52:03 -0400, "Tony" wrote:

I see very little difference in Rheem -- Ruud -- Lennox on the different
levels of quality of units but what makes a big difference is how well
they are installed. i would buy the cheapest brand HVAC equipment on the
earth if i knew it was installed by a good installer. a HVAC system
correctly installed is the best brand known or the best brand you can
buy.

So if you have a good installer any brand you choose is the best.

TURTLE

Thanks Turtle; that's what I suspected. It's a shame there is no way to
easily find out who a quality installer is in a given area.

Does anyone have any tips on finding a quality installer? That's the hard
part.

Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography

Web Site: www.destarr.com

Yeah, David, that's what has me wondering. In the case of Rheem I checked
their web site and found 2 installers in my immediate area that are listed
as "Rheem Top Contractors". Apparently that means they meet some kind of
standards as a Rheem qualified dealer that's supposed to mean something.
What I don't know is whether that actually means anything. One of them is
also a member of the BBB and has been around since 1929, if that means
anything either.