Dr. Hardcrab

"Banty" wrote in message
In article X9dXe.5237$Yu2.4767@trnddc02, Dr. Hardcrab says...

"thrugoodmarshall" wrote

Nobody can touch our credit union (USAA) for rates.

Rates are great but try filing a claim and see what happenes to your
rates......

Been there done that. I insure with USAA for the past 11 years. I have
had
claims on a lightning strike, a sump pump failure, and frozen pipes (no
water
damage). Still insured; no big jump in rates.

As for cheap - frankly, I didn't shop for price. I shopped for service.

I have had them for 31 years. My wife had 2 accidents in 2 years. Both did
not involve another vehicle (she backrd into something both times, no
property damage except to her vehicle). We had NEVER filed a claim in 31
years until these two. The total claim for both accidents? $1432.73. After
the second, they dropped her and made her pick up a separate policy and her
premium was $1500 every 6 months. FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!! That was more
that what they were charging my 16 year old son and MORE THAT THE TWO CLAIMS
WERE!!! Plus, she could not drive my vehicle or my son's. They made her pay
that premium until the first accident "expired". Then they lowered it, but
not back where it was before.

Now does that make any sense? I mean, If we knew she was going to have to
pay that high of a premium, we would have paid for it out of our pocket.

One more example of the "Minds of USAA":

One day I have a Dive Shop in Atlanta call me and tell me that "We are
currently out of the blue fins that you ordered. Would black ones be O.K.?"
I asked them WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! They said they had a $2300.00
order for scuba gear to be shipped to Singapore on my USAA MasterCard. I
assured them that I did NOT place an order with them (sounds like a
commercial, huh?) and they suggested I call USAA and cancel the card. It
took me over an hour on the phone with them (USAA) to convince them to
cancel it. THEN, the dive shop called me later that day and said they just
received an e-mail from the guy (that was using my card number) wanting to
know where his order was. I called USAA and told them and gave them the
e-mail address and the lady at USAA says:

"Well, since they didn't really USE your card and no charges were incurred,
there's not a lot we can do."

"But I have an e-mail address and this guy WAS going to use my card and
charge who knows HOW much and I think maybe you can...."

"You'll have to take that up with your local police or something, sir. There
is nothing we can do from here..."

Well, thank SOOOOOOO F*cking much!!! I am so glad that they care so much
about stopping fraud and everything but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Do you think
that if these people would have gotten away with charging my card to the
limit that USAA would have said "Oh, well"??? HELL NO!! They would have sent
me a bill and told me to pay up!!! Bunch of a-holes!

I'm just SOOOOO Damn happy they treat a customer of 31 years like I am "ONE
OF THE FAMILY"!!!!

assholes.....

rant off

'scuse me....had to get that out of my system.....