Rick

On 22 Sep 2005 13:51:31 -0700, wrote:

We had a conservatory built a few years ago. Like many will know, it's
too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, and unbearably noisy
when it rains. Consequently, it doesn't get much use. Is there any way
the roof could be clad, or replaced with timber and tiles? Or have we
just learned an expensive lesson?!

I would have thought the weigth of the tiles would me MUCH more than
the plastic, and would wonder if the walls were strong enough.

To mee consevatories are junk, for the reasons you list. Also most are
designed to last 25 years max, which means a 12.5K conservatory costs
you 500 quid a year, or 50 quid for each time you use it.

Rick