tony sayer

In article , Grumps
writes
I assume that with a progammable thermostat (eg.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...7585&ts=55860# or
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9276&ts=55860# ) it is
possible to leave the central heating timer switched on all the time and
just to control boiler activity using one of these. Horstmann or Danfoss,
any comments as to which is better?

We've got 2 honeybum CM67 which is a programmable thermostat and the
boiler is controlled by those . Their progged for day/ time/ and temp
and the only thing we do with them is change the time twice a year, and
change the batteries whenever.

One downstairs on one circuit, and one up stairs on 't other. A separate
tank stat controls the water with a timer to stop the bloody thing
firing off the boiler in the middle of the night.

Works fine, and we have rad stats on some rads in lesser used rooms....
--
Tony Sayer