SQLit

"Chuck" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:02:17 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
I have been thinking of buying a deep freezer for the basement, and I

want
some opinions on the follwing;

1) How long does food stay good, expecially meats.

Buy a Foodsaver vacuum sealer. I've had meats for over three years and

still
very good when properly wrapped and sealed.

2) How long does food saty frozen during a power outage?

24 to 48 hours. If it is partly empty and a big storm is coming, fill it

up
with milk jugs full of water and frozen and it will stay much longer.

I get paid once a month and we shop once a month. Very economical to buy

at
BJ's, Costco, etc and freeze what is on sale or a bargain. I've never be
without a big freezer.

On one of the cooking/baking newsgroups someone mentioned a
"foodsaver" type device which was half the price and the bags were 25%
the cost of those for foodsaver brand.. now if I could remember the
brand name of it..
Chuck

I had one of the no name's. A TOTAL complete and utter waste of money, time
and effort.
I have no experience with the food saver brand.