david lang

Default Assorted Screws

Hi All

A few weeks ago I finally got fed up with never being able to find the right
size screw. I duly purchased one of those flat organisers with lots of
individual plastic boxes inside - about 20 of them. Great! You can take
out the box you want, return it after use and closing the lid locks
everything in place.

Then I placed an order with Toolstation, a box of each size screw from 4 x
1/2" right through to 8 x 2" more or less. When they arrived I spent a
happy half an hour tipping the screws in the boxes & marking each one with a
felt pen. Luxury! So organised & tidy!

Two nights ago, I leant a 6' x 1' board up against the workshop wall and
picked up another to put on the bench.

Everything then seemed to happen in slow motion! The top of the board slid
sideways along the wall and toppled sideways. There on the bench was my
screw organiser, lid open.

I watched helplessly as the corner of the board smote the corner of the
organiser, somersaulting it gracefully into the air. It hit the floor and
scattered the best part of 2000 screws all over the place. Only 8 screws
remained in the boxes.

I went to the pub! I've since picked them up & sorted the larger sizes.
The smaller one defy sorting - it was easier to buy some more!

Anyone want 1000 mixed screws?

Dave