Default Planning Application: Late Objection

In article , Mike
Huskisson writes
x-no-archive: yes
G&M wrote in message

Not all councils allow you to 'look in the file', particularly if the

matter
is still undecided.

They are supposed to. The "Open Government" initiative from the 90s
insisted upon it. In any case, even before that you had rights of access

some of the data under the Data Protection Act.

The file is not required to be made available to the public, but 'background
papers' to a committee report are (these might be as limited as letters of
objecton or support received from sources external to the council). If no
committee report is written, it follows that there are no 'background
papers'. So, for a matter decided under officers' delegation, where there
is no committee report, the council is not obliged to show you anything.
Many do because it's their policy & practice, but they are not obliged to
(until the end of 2004 that is when the law will change).

Normally there are two files, the actual application and then the
working file which will have all the correspondence and case notes in
it, whether what you say is true or not I don't know, I have never yet
been told I cannot see either of these files and in fact our local
council put most of their stuff on their planning portal website,
certainly all the objections are on there.

--
David